• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp 300 V on ebay - scam or?

testacorsa

Hi guys.

I amlooking for a sp300v or a vp300. I found this new one on ebay, and I was hoping some of you could help me to decide if this is the way to go.
The price is half of the price in Denmark!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190208625533&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=009

First of all, I am from Denmark, and this printer is located in England and must be payed up front - my scam alert is ringing. I can see he sold two of them already, and buyers left good feedback - could be a scam also ofcourse.

I have written the seller tonight, and I am hoping to hear from him tomorrow.

What I really want to know is: have anybody bourght something so expensive on ebay before? And how can I be quarantied not to loose my money here?

I really hope that maybe there is a "safe trade" option, where I could pay a third person or company to hold the payment, until the printer arrives - does something like this exist?

I have asked the seller, what will be included in this deal, but is there somthing to be aware of with the sp300v? Maybe the first models had some problems, or maybe I should only get a printer that uses the eco-solvent max inks, and not like this one the old eco-solvent inks.
Maybe it can be upgraded - or i just load the max cartridges in?

Please help a newbie get started :rolleyes:

Best regards - Brian/testacorsa

Ken

OK, you can upgrade to MAX inks.
Not sure if these machines had the pump recall/replace.
Is it a new machine? Warranty?. Where does the warranty work take place?
I'm sure shipping costs would be huge.
I'm thinking you're better off to buy (relatively) local, and get support from the vendor.
Careful.
Ken

Sign Works

Pics & description ane not correct for what he claims to be selling, plus 1/2 price? I'd say it's quite possibly a scam. The printer in the pic resides here in the U.S. I'd recommend going to your local authorized Roland dealer, at 11K you can't go wrong. By the way the V series Versacamms are designed to run the eco-sol MAX inks.

woolly

also i thought the sp300V the V for versa works not colourrip and Belfast is in Ireland.

i would leave it alone

woolly

testacorsa

darn it... :rolleyes:

You are probably right. I have seen the pictures before also, but that doesn´t mean that it is a scam by it self. The last auction using those pictures, was removed immidiately by ebay - a US auction if i rember correctly. This seller has sold a lot on ebay though (i know it not an honesty guarantee ), and more important - this is the 3rd or 4th auction with a sp300v

Sign Works: Very interesting that the info in the auction is not correct - could you please tell me what is wrong?

Woolly: Sharp eye you have - thans!!!

I will communicate with the seller, and keep you up to date - maybe we can all learn a bit about ebay scammers here, if he turns out to be one.

Thanks for your inputs everyone!!!:thankyou::thumb:

chopper

my rule of thumb with flea bay is if I cannot pick it up in person and pay for it when I pick it up after I inspect it I aint goin' to but it been burnt one to many times...
//chopper

hoppers

Here is the same guy with a ebay US auction..I cant believe 18 people bid on it unless shill bidder friends of his bumped it up.

And $230 for shipping from the UK? Comon....smells like a scam....prob is a scam! STAY AWAY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brand-new-Rolan...ryZ46724QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ps - I have the SP300V and its a great machine, sure the VP is faster bc of 2 more print heads I think...but not a lot of differences all in all....mainly speed and a 2 year warranty compared to 1 for the SP model.

woolly

i have read on another board that it was a scam and got away with $56,000 hope it was non of you

woolly

WRAPS

my rule of thumb with flea bay is if I cannot pick it up in person and pay for it when I pick it up after I inspect it I aint goin' to but it been burnt one to many times...
//chopper

i agree with chopper.e-bay only covers up to $2000 usd.we just bought a old cj-500 from there but i went to see it first and paid in person.i almost drove 10 hrs to get a printer,then one magically appeared about 10 mins from me.wooohoooooo!i got the printer ordered a rebuild kit on e-bay,the parts guy sent me a pdf with a roland service manual,he almost walked me through rebuild.so now i have a eco -solvent cj500 that prints awesome,slow but looks good for 5500 and made a good friend in the process.the parts guy was awesome.my first delivery was damaged and delayed by fedex,i called parts dude he apoligized for the knucklehead delivery serv.and overnighted me a new rebuild kit/set of 220 carts,no prob.the damaged shipment arrived a week later.and it was crushed.he's sending fedex back to pick it up and return it to him.

at the same time i got ripped off for a dvd $10.but i got refunded for that and won two dvds for the same price(thomas the train,lol).
so there are alot of scammers on there and there are good people too.just do your homework and dont put more than 2000 out there and be willing to wait a month to maybe get it refunded if something goes wrong.:thumb:

just last week we ordered media flanges from sign supply usa.ROLAND DEALER=ROLAND MEDIA FLANGES.when they arrived i drive 30 mins to pick up because he wated to charge me to ship,when i get there they are not the ones i want.they are the old ones that always fall out,i was looking for newer locking flanges.
i left store in the parking lot i opened my lil box saw the wrong flanges,turned back inside and told hey these are wrong.my sales reps answer was SORRY.as he gave me a blank stare,THATS WHAT THEY SENT,with a shrug of the shoulders.last time i go to sign supply.ill stick to fellers or i have these pittman/charrette people bending over backwards trying to get my lil business that i do.
and they did get my lil orders. i couldn't find better prices (pittman).

Last edited:

testacorsa

Yep.... It turned out to be another scam.

A wierd product to make a scam on - but they obviously get away with it. I am amazed that they get away with it though, without ebay dooing more about it - it really must be bad for their business.

So in conclusion - you guys were right!

Thx again for all your input!

And WRAPS: cangrats on your new maschine!