• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V magenta dropped out, but contaminating yellow. I am new to this machine, any help would be appreciated.

rtcustom

Hi. I am wondering if someone can help me... even point me in the right direction. I have an old SP 300V, but its very new to me. I am just learning, I have run a few successful sticker jobs, but my magenta has dropped out almost completely (very few lines on the test print) I also noticed some contamination into the yellow. I have run cleaning, normal and powerful, and then did a manual cleaning (there was quite a bit of build-up) and had poor results(pretty much the same) so I did a head soak overnight. No change to the the magenta strip in the test print, but the yellow is now very contaminated and pretty much orange. I don't even know where to start, any advice would be appreciated.

damonCA21

First steps would be to replace the dampers and captops with OEM Roland ones. Also check the tubing from the captops to the pump, particularly the small plastic Y connector that joins the tubes together. If none of this helps then it could be a head that is damaged internally and allowing ink to leak across from one side to the other

damonCA21

First steps would be to replace the dampers and captops with OEM Roland ones. Also check the tubing from the captops to the pump, particularly the small plastic Y connector that joins the tubes together. If none of this helps then it could be a head that is damaged internally and allowing ink to leak across from one side to the other

damonCA21

rtcustom

Thanks. I wasn't sure if this posted (said there was a server error in this site), but your response came through x3. lol. it was fairly dirty when I did the manual cleaning. I will check the drain tubes first, but I am not sure how to check this, or what I am checking for. The seller gave me a box of new parts, so I will see what I have to work with, I really don't have the funds to put out on this at the moment, so hopefully they are OEM ones. if you know of any good sources for info, you tube channels or other sites, let me know.

damonCA21

With the drain tubes and connectors, just disconnect them and check they aren't blocked. If you get a syringe and flush them through with cleaning fluid this is always a good idea too.
If you take off the right hand cover and look at the capping station where the head rests, you will see the tubes that are connected to the captops coming out of the of the bottom of it. There are two of these, they then joint together with the Y shaped connector, and this goes off to the ink pump. If you move the head out of the way, disconnect the tubes from the connector and put some cleaning solution into the captop it should drain freely out of the tubes if they aren't blocked

sulu00

It might be weak pressure on the pump too or leaks at the tubing between the pump and cap top. Replacing the captop with genuine OEM one would be a good start in my opinion.