• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540V needs to print rely black?

Riskok

When I print on my Convex and the laminate whit Pro-Shield it looks a little grey. Can you do anything about it?

Best regards Patrik

Rev Designs

what values are you using for your black.. i do everything in CMYK and use C=60 M=40 Y=40 K=100 to get a rich black. I also use convex with pro-shield. Also i have found that if you change your color management preset to MAX IMPACT in VersaWorks it works a lot better with the convex. However i'm using a VP-300.

Hope this helps,

Matt

luggnut

are you printing rasters or vectors? if vectors your RIP settings and color settings would be where to start... i set rendering intent on vectors in flexi to no color correction.

raster are a different animal.. most print with rendering intent set to perceptual. most photos don't come out great with no color correction. relative colormetric might get you there though.

Riskok

Thanks guys!

Some time I use high .JPG images and import them to Illustrator then I save it whit the cutlines.
The problem is that its a littel grey.

M-C Graphics what type of Vinyl setting are you using?

Best regards Patrik

Rev Designs

i based it off of a matte vinyl setting and just played with a few things until i got the desired output.. since every printer is a little different i'd suggest trial and error until you are satisfied.

It would make everyone's life a lot easier if there was one profile that worked perfect, however on the other hand, then you would have everyone and their mom doing our job! haha

Matt

luggnut

JPG are set to perceptual rendering most of the time.. that results in a more pleasing picture but changes some of the colors. change your RIPs rendering intent on JPG to perceptual for this and see if it helps.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
When I print on my Convex and the laminate whit Pro-Shield it looks a little grey. Can you do anything about it?

Best regards Patrik

After laminating? It's called silvering and will go away with a little heat or time.

Riskok

After laminating? It's called silvering and will go away with a little heat or time.

Ahh maybe it’s that also.
I will do some more checks today. Strange that Convex don’t have the right profile just to download like the have for the Gerber.

But thanks again for answering me I love this forum!

Best Regards Patrik the Swede

P

ProWraps™

just remember black isnt necessarily black as mentioned above. go into your photoshop palatte and select black. notice the cmyk values are not zeroed out. black is a mixture even on a cmyk printer. also make sure you files are rgb instead of cmyk. your not doing offset or spot printing. even a cmyk digital printer should print best color off an rgb file. this will play into what proggy you are designing in.

858Graphics

www.858graphics.com
To get the blackest black we use c-100 m-100 y-100 k-100. Putting it on matte material profile sometimes helps. You can also turn up the saturation or print on high quality/overpass. This is what we do to our vp540 when we have black issues.

Riskok

I did this and it turned out great!

Spot Color in Illustrator
C 60
M 20
Y 20
K 100

And then Max Impact in VersaWorks!

BR Patrik

Replicator

what values are you using for your black.. i do everything in CMYK and use C=60 M=40 Y=40 K=100 to get a rich black. I also use convex with pro-shield. Also i have found that if you change your color management preset to MAX IMPACT in VersaWorks it works a lot better with the convex. However i'm using a VP-300.

Hope this helps,

Matt

Thanks Matt . . . Great Tips !