• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540V Serge Mist Filter Change

ZsVinylInc

Anyone ever change their own Serge Mist Filter? I need to replace / change mine and was wondering if anyone could give me a little in site as to how to do this. I have a service manual but I couldn't find any instructions. From what I could tell from the drawing is that the silver part around it just snaps on. Thanks in advance.

Big Z

GTSTech_1

Easy replacement, remove the silver plate and replace Mist pad and "t-sponge". T-Sponge allows for wicking of Mist Pad. Both are considered comsumables for the printer.

My $.02

ZsVinylInc

So you are saying that the silver plate just pops off...no screws or anything else you need to take apart? I am looking on my suppliers website and can't find the "T-Sponge" you talk about.

ZsVinylInc

Still unclear about the silver part....can you just lift it off or do you have to remove some other parts to get to it? Are there any hidden screws? More description would be helpful.