• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question SP300V can't find fuse

LetsPrint209

Having issues with printing, just replaced print heads and not getting ink to pump through. Was told it maybe a blown fuse, but I can't find where the fuse is. Posting pics of my main board below...any help would be cool.
Thanks
Luis
IMG_8384[1].JPG IMG_8385[1].JPG IMG_8386[1].JPG

Jim Hill

Having issues with printing, just replaced print heads and not getting ink to pump through. Was told it maybe a blown fuse, but I can't find where the fuse is. Posting pics of my main board below...any help would be cool.
Thanks
Luis
View attachment 137704 View attachment 137705 View attachment 137706

The fuse is located right near that ribbon cable with the number 3 on it.
Some fuses are soldered on the main board and some are plug in fuses. In either case the fuses are very very small in size which make them hard to work on. You do not need to remove the fuse if you follow the instructions below.

When my fuse blew I went to the auto parts store and purchased inline fuse holder for a car which comes with the wires on each end and lets you unscrew it so that you can change the fuse if it blows again. Just make sure you replace the fuse with the correct size for the printer.

Once you have the correct fuse simply twist the wires at each end together and place some solder on each end.

Now take the inline fuse holder and put one end to each side of the original fuse that is still on the main board and just touch the soldering iron to each end. You do not have to remove the original fuse to do this!

Always make sure the sub power is turned to off and unplug the printer from the outlet first and let the printer sit for 15 minutes before you start working on it.

Because the fuse is so tiny it takes a very steady hand and it also helps to have someone help you with just holding the wire while you are trying to solder it in place.

The nice part is if the fuse every blows again it is easy to change once you do it this way.

Hope this helps you. Jim

LetsPrint209

The fuse is located right near that ribbon cable with the number 3 on it.
Some fuses are soldered on the main board and some are plug in fuses. In either case the fuses are very very small in size which make them hard to work on. You do not need to remove the fuse if you follow the instructions below.

When my fuse blew I went to the auto parts store and purchased inline fuse holder for a car which comes with the wires on each end and lets you unscrew it so that you can change the fuse if it blows again. Just make sure you replace the fuse with the correct size for the printer.

Once you have the correct fuse simply twist the wires at each end together and place some solder on each end.

Now take the inline fuse holder and put one end to each side of the original fuse that is still on the main board and just touch the soldering iron to each end. You do not have to remove the original fuse to do this!

Always make sure the sub power is turned to off and unplug the printer from the outlet first and let the printer sit for 15 minutes before you start working on it.

Because the fuse is so tiny it takes a very steady hand and it also helps to have someone help you with just holding the wire while you are trying to solder it in place.

The nice part is if the fuse every blows again it is easy to change once you do it this way.

Hope this helps you. Jim
Jim, Thanks for the good work around. I now see them, it looks like they have been replaced before and soldered in( see pic below). I don't have my meter with me tonight to check. But will see if they are blown once I do.
Thanks again,
Luis

IMG_8391.JPG