• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540 smudge-smear

graphix

another question, when i printed aphoto on the orajet3165,the bottom of print had a light smudge or smear all the way across bottom of print, i can trim this off but i know there is a cause for this? ,thanks

Dave L.

Try cleaning the encoder strip, it may or may not be this cause, but should be done from time to time anyway.

threeputt

One note on cleaning that strip, however. Be very careful to not scratch it! Easy to do. And they'll set you back $280.00 plus service call if you do scratch it.

To me the problem sounds like a head rub. Maybe the media got bunched up due to a feed problem or something. Without seeing it it's difficult to say.

Color Dude

TURN THE HEAT DOWN!!!

Encoder strip is not going to cause the head to scuff the material.

If the head is making contact with the media, there is soomething causing the material to ripple or buckle. 95% of the time it will be heat related.