• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540v service call 0106

InkjetAuction

Disconnect Error

Error code 106 is a failure to disconnect the Tool Carriage from the Head Carriage error.

The most common fix is that the Limit position may need to be reset (the relative distance between the limit sensor and the capping station). You do this with with the LIMIT POSITION & CUT DOWN POSITION INITIALIZE procedure.

This is normally a service related procedure on the XC-540 as you may have to physically adjust the position the capping station. (Don't risk your heads by doing a limit position initialize without first checking for proper capping position)

Is your machine covered under warranty? Get a tech out there asap for the adjustment. This is covered under warranty.

If you are not covered under warranty, PM me and I will assist.

~E

66 musicmaster

I am currently having this issue. Had a material jam, cleared the jam, pushed cut head back to the right, and reprinted. Print did fine, but error came when it tried to cut.

XC-540 Pro III.

It seems to be trying to separate the print/cut heads when attempting to cut, but does not succeed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Randy
Sawyers Sign Service
Mount airy, NC

Msrae

Rae
I am bumping this up to the top. OLD thread, but I just received this error (0106) on my CJ540 and of course, the machine is definitely not under any warranty.

Can anyone help guide me on how to fix this myself?