• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Space Shuttle Returns

Bradster941

Endeavours last flight into space ended this morning 2:34:50 a.m.

It was really cool for me being on the beach this morning with a camp fire, bar-b-q chicken, corn on the cob and watermelon under clear skies, no moon, and more stars than one could count in a life time hoping to see the old girl pass by just 60 miles south of me over the Gulf of Mexico.

Unfortunately, I guess the shuttle doesn’t sport any running lights so I didn’t see it, but at 2:30 am. the double sonic boom more than made up for that.

Hard to believe it traversed the state of Florida and landed in under 5 minutes.

.:wavingflag:.:wavingflag:.:wavingflag:. :wavingflag:.:wavingflag:. :wavingflag:.:wavingflag:. :wavingflag:.:wavingflag: .:wavingflag:. :wavingflag:

Craig Sjoquist

I have never seen the shuttle go past after hearing the sonic booms in 26 years, be kinda cool also not seen a real landing, might also be kinda cool.

Sure going to miss the shuttle program, watching them go up is the most awesome site indeed, knowing and realizing all that has been created because of the space program is truly remarkable.

SignaramaFL

I wasnt able to stay away to 'hear' it come back to us. But I plan on seeing the last launch i believe the 8th of june. :)

Border

I am planning to buying some plane tickets down there, in hopes of seeing the last launch! Never seen one go up but hear it's awe-inspiring.