• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Speed Press Material

Sign-Man Signs

For those of you that own a Speed Press you know that the transfer tape Speed Press offers is well, let's just say crap. Doing a job last night I ran out of transfer tape and used clear transfer tape I have and was amazed at the results. Not only did it pick up the vinyl every time but I used it for 100 small signs I was making. I then cleaned it with Windex and continued to use it for another project. Speed Press high tac is about $80.00 dollars a roll. I'll never buy another roll after using clear transfer tape.

njshorts

i'll keep that in mind, but i've never had a complaint about speedpress material... i have high and mid tack, change it annually. clean it every week or so with windex.

omgsideburns

No problems with speedpress.. store them sticky side down (or against the wall) so dust doesn't stick, and clean them regularly.

It doesn't stick to solachrome ink, but a clean speedpress has enough tack to pull the color off of Edge prints, and I've never seen transfer tape do that.

Are you using it loose, or on a speedpress frame?