• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

splash of color

D

DARLAK

anybody still printing with the original FJ-52 or CJ-500 converted printers from splash of color???

D

DARLAK

no, just wanted to see who's using the same machine(s) as me, what inks their using and other things that would be associated with these dinosaurs....

WRAPS

we have a cj-500

we have one that has been converted to eco-solvent ink.how does yours print?is it comparable to newer machines?i know its slow,trust me i know.but im talking about grainy prints.

D

DARLAK

i can't compare the speed cuz i haven't seen the others, but i can say that i don't think mine are grainy....unless your doing small decals... i tend to print larger items...

WRAPS

okay kewl

i ask because we just picked this beast up and rebuilt it i guess i have more calibration to go.we were useing a hp 8000 and it looked great.havent seen greatness here though,not yet at least.the 8000 belongs to someone who was charging us to print and it had a banding issue.this ol' cow here doesn't band but is a lil grainy we do big too.im here watching my cj finish up a 10 hr print,hehe.330"x40"

flyinhawaiian968

330" takes 10 hours? HOLY S#!%!!!!! I guess I should stop complaining about my XC540 taking 2 hours to print 18 feet then!
I was threatening to run only Avery MP1005 through it from now on as it spits it out in low res at about a foot every minute or two!!!

Chris