• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

square on android?

tattoo.dan

I have had square for a few years now and love it. Just switched to an android from an iphone, and the app doesn't look like I can key card numbers in....anybody else use this combo and can give me some light?

Thanks!

Mosh

Question: How do you handle recipes? Not everyone has an e-mail and some need the recipe right then.

Doc Savage

On my register app on my Droid Pro there is a keypad on the bottom half og the screen that will allow you to enter the card number. Are you sure the app loaded right on the phone?

Doc Savage

Question: How do you handle recipes? Not everyone has an e-mail and some need the recipe right then.

You can also send a receipt to their phone via text message too. If that does not work you could also setup an email account of your own that would get the email receipt and then print it out for them.

TopFliteGraphics

I have been using Square for about 4 or 5 months now and LOVE it. I have an android phone and it's been great. It saves the email address for repeat customers too.

amw

Longtime Members
We have both Square and Paypal Here, but mainly use the paypal one.
I know whit the paypal one you get to pick from "email it", "print it", or "no thanks". We use it at events away from the shop and it works great. You can use it for cash also, to provide a recipe.
We print to a epson 4020 via wireless from ipads and android phones.

Marsha

Last edited:

Baz

I just registered with Square in Canada today. I am waiting for an answer from their team but would like to ask here also.

When it comes to transactions over 25.00$ requiring signatures ... How do you handle payments over the phone? (out of town customers or just plain over the phone) ...

Baz

You can chose:

- as you go for 2.75% of the transaction by using a card or 3.75% for manually entering the card number + 15 cents.

- Or an annual fee of 275.00$ ... I don't remember the exact specs for that option.

Go to their website!

For me .. The pay as you go is best. I don't do any card transactions but have been asked more and more lately. I mostly get paid by cheques on the spot or through the mail. But this will allow me more options for receiving deposits on jobs or collecting past due accounts.

showcase 66

You can chose:

- as you go for 2.75% of the transaction by using a card or 3.75% for manually entering the card number + 15 cents.

- Or an annual fee of 275.00$ ... I don't remember the exact specs for that option.

Go to their website!

For me .. The pay as you go is best. I don't do any card transactions but have been asked more and more lately. I mostly get paid by cheques on the spot or through the mail. But this will allow me more options for receiving deposits on jobs or collecting past due accounts.

I have never see the annual fee for the square. Only the pay as you go.

EDIT:
Just looked into it and it is 275 a month with a 0% per swipe transaction fee. But if you are paying 300+ a month in fees then it would be worth it. For me, pay as you go for now.

Mosh

Last month my merchant card fees ended up being right at 9%, 1.75% per trans plus all the fees invovled put it up to 9%....First Data. Now they want me do pay more to become PCI compliant, a service that used to be free, if I am not them they are going to add more fees....

showcase 66

That sucks Mosh. I used to use First Data, but I was wasting a ton a money on them. I dont do that much on Credit Cards, and even less when I was using them. I have been using square pretty much since it has come out.

tattoo.dan

I had to reload the app, then it gave me the option to key the card number in. I have been with square for a couple years or so and love it...keep it simple with the 2.75% and none of the other sneaky fees!