• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Standard Rivet Application on trucks

DrunknMonk

Hi all, Ive got some 40ft trailers to do in standard cut letters, (black) they are full of rivets, was going to use some standard polymeric vinyl, but after trying a sample on a riveted shipping container, it didnt go well, then tried some cast vinyl, it was better but i would have to do alot pricking holes to let the air out, so tried a air release vinyl, this was much better, its still alot of work to squeegee around every rivet, then i seen this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7hsFPXqHqI I tried it, its in possible to do the channel thing, has anyone done this with the channel ??

Am I right in doing it with a air release vinyl the cost compared to cast is 3 x times the cost, I need 24m per trailer and Ive got 20 trailers to do.

or would I be better off using cast and doing alot of pricking / rivet brush ?

Thanks for any help

Gary

DrunknMonk

I use Avery 900 EasyApply RS for that type of install.
It is not really 3x the price.

in the uk we have to use a wrapping film, (I think, I need to check) its about £13.00 per mtr, the cast film we have been using is £7.00 so yes your correct its double, have you tried the channel / roller ?