• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Static Spray?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I once heard a rumor that there is an anti-static spray that you can use on substrates like coro before they are printed on. Has anyone ever heard of this? Any home remedies that seem to work?

Thanks!

sign_student

ACL Static Spray

Hi,

Yes, we've used it - but for a different application. We use it after printing.

This probably won't help you with your question but at least it's a bump!

We've made several custom aluminum light box frames that hang in grocery stores. The faces of the boxes were on acryclic printed with a UV flatbed. Since the prints are out of reach they want to avoid dusting/cleaning too often so we were asked to spray them with this stuff before sending out. . No issues with the inks - Customer is pleased with how it performs. It's not a permanent fix but definitely helps.

I sprayed a particularly dusty area in our shop and went back several months later to a noticeable difference in the amount of dust of areas sprayed v/s not sprayed.

Good luck!

ChicagoGraphics

I use to use the anti static spray while screen printing onto certain plastics, it worked ok, but if you get the Christmas gold garlen and drape it by your materials that works the best, but it has to be the gold, nothing else works.

MikePro

wiping things with dryer sheets helps prevent static cling.
however, I've never tested it on materials prior to prinT... yet!

cuznjoe

I use to use the anti static spray while screen printing onto certain plastics, it worked ok, but if you get the Christmas gold garlen and drape it by your materials that works the best, but it has to be the gold, nothing else works.

I agree to the garlen, I used it in offset printing and it worked wonders!:thumb:

mfatty500

I use static-guard for rhinestone template making, made my own before out of 2oz. of fabric softener 4oz. of water and 2oz. of rubbing alcohol