• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Streaks - Roland LEC2-640

jgphillips

I need a little direction here on having streaks in prints on a Roland LEC2-640.

I had this happen before with the Cyan specifically and a tech came out to replace the head. It kills me when you have someone like this come out they do everything in their power to avoid changing the print head. Fortunately, this time, he was able to do it without changing the head. The printers are in an unfortunate situation where I am a few hundred miles away, they are not used daily, and they tend to sit for long periods.

I had someone who was supposed to be shaking the inks and manually cleaning for me but unfortunately, he doesn't work for me and I can't hold him accountable.

I have digressed....to the point then... When the tech came in he went through a series of prompts > put in cleaning carts > let it run > pull them out let it run > put them in > over... over... finish....
At first, this didn't solve the issue and another tech recommended sucking the line out with a syringe and there was still some cleaner in the line. Bada bing bada boom.... we looked pretty good.

Does anyone know if there are manuals out there to walk through this? Which part of the maintenance mode menu to go to?

Any help or suggestions on handling something like this would be great. I understand details are key and photos even better.... sadly right now I have none because I am getting second-hand knowledge and other people don't feel the need to document things or helpfully share issues. I will work on getting some examples, but I will have my hands on the printer by the time that happens and I would love a good starting point.