• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Streaky Lighting

Well.

You know Desiree, if you want to be sarcastic to individuals offering you advice (viewing your reply before you edited it)that have experience in fabrication & installation in the electric sign industry for a living then you've come to the wrong place. Obviously posting such a picture with two different temperature lamps combined with incorrect spacing SCREAMS "Trustworthy" (your word before you edited your post) to YOUR customers. Who even begins to build a project like that??? Don't you light up a project/test in the shop before dropping off?

I was just simply offering you an option that I have personal experience in using for my sign applications from time to time coupled with the fact it's a proven product from our 3rd party testing.

I'll end it here since the "blame" would probably just get passed off to the individuals who work in the back of the shop instead of the front office where all the project planning comes from. With the horror stories that could fill a book shelf it's any wonder how YOUR company has survived this long.

DesireeM

Well.

You know Desiree, if you want to be sarcastic to individuals offering you advice (viewing your reply before you edited it)that have experience in fabrication & installation in the electric sign industry for a living then you've come to the wrong place. Obviously posting such a picture with two different temperature lamps combined with incorrect spacing SCREAMS "Trustworthy" (your word before you edited your post) to YOUR customers. Who even begins to build a project like that??? Don't you light up a project/test in the shop before dropping off?

I was just simply offering you an option that I have personal experience in using for my sign applications from time to time coupled with the fact it's a proven product from our 3rd party testing.

I'll end it here since the "blame" would probably just get passed off to the individuals who work in the back of the shop instead of the front office where all the project planning comes from. With the horror stories that could fill a book shelf it's any wonder how YOUR company has survived this long.

Wow...you know you have some good points. I removed my comment about trustworthy because as a Graphic Designer I have a tendency to judge things like that a bit harshly and realized that implying that it reflects the actual work of the company was rude on my part and I know first-hand that it's just not possible to judge a business based on their advertising budget....so I apologize for my original comment.

And you're right that most problems should fall on the responsibility of management for not properly managing staff or jobs. I'm not saying I am not responsible (see me trying to get advice elsewhere in order to try and help) This company has been around for 20 years +. I've been in this industry for just a few of those years and I don't claim to know everything...that's why we have departments with people that have individual expertise. My area is production, not fabrication and install. We recently lost our shop foreman...we have a very competent employee who stepped up to take over temporarily while we find an adequate replacement and so there are some things that he is still learning obviously.

And the stories that could fill a bookshelf are more funny than "horrifying" as you put it...I'd imagine most companies have their fair share of headaches but we also have to trust our workers to do their job. Our customers are more than satisfied. Mistakes do happen and in cases like this where they affect the customer we do everything we can to correct it as quickly as possible and communicate with the customer the entire time.

I don't blame you for judging me harshly. I actually did look at the product and would consider it despite the way it's advertised.