• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stumped

markymarkmfb

This is a 3' X 12' acrylic face with acrylic raised letters. The customer wants to replace the burgundy and white trans vinyl.

Replacing the white is not an issue simple enough but, I am really confused about the Burgundy. Removing the letters is not an option because they used Acrylic Weld on, making new faces is a last resort (they have 4 of them), and I really don't want to piece it in. Does any one have any ideas that I may not have thought of?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Attachments

• Sign Face.JPG
    Sign Face.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 59

markymarkmfb

Jiarby, Thanks for the reply. Sometimes the obvious gets overlooked for some reason. I did get some more information that should solve everything. The burgundy is routered aluminum not Acrylic (contrary to what I was originally told) and the letters are siliconed on the back side so I should be able to take a knife and cut the bead and pop out the letters. Thanks for the help though.

jiarby

all that work can't possibly be cheaper than just making newfaces... unless you are giving your labor away.

ams

Hmm interesting. I would remove the existing, and just lay down a new sheet. You can either measure the letters and find out the font used, or you can do it in section. But paint would probably be the best and easiest way.

markymarkmfb

all that work can't possibly be cheaper than just making newfaces... unless you are giving your labor away.

I don't give anything away, I price my work accordingly and pricing out both options for them.

By the way does the rest of that sign say "mart"?

No but it does rhyme with "moles"