• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sub out color print pricing?

Vision Ind

Hello all... Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!
I just recently started cutting vinyl as a home based business for myself and my son, and as it happens I need to have some print work done for the side of a van. I am going to need two logos printed that are 19"x23" and one that is about 12" x 14". I will be going to a local shop to have these done on 2mil but was wondering what would be a fair charge for me to have these made, I really have no Idea on print costs.
Any help on pricing structure for this type of work would be appreciated!!

I really enjoy this forum, from what I've read this is a great group of people!
thanks in advance,
Jim

high impact

Welcome,

Why use a local shop when you have such a great selection of merchant members here at signs101?

Don't forget to have them laminated. The object is to get them produced as cheap as possible and sell for as high as possible. ;-)

Ken

Sq Ft costs are relatively low..but the equipment is not. We've seen pricing here from 3 - 15 $ sq ft.
Did you do the design?
You will be doing the install?
You need lamination? Will you lam yourself?
Are the colors " sensitive"?
Oh, BTW..welcome from BC.
Good luck!
Ken

Just Me

I can say that I have used Chris from Inkfish Graphics for the past 2 years with success. He is also a merchant member. You can find him in the merchant member section. Best of luck~

iSign

If I was one of the local shops, based on being busy a I can be serving my own clients, I'd want the same $200 from you for that order, as I would want from anyone else.
People suggesting a wholesale supplier are on the right track. You should be able to find prices between 50% and 25% of that retail price... so even after shipping costs, you can make some money.

Even if you are just printing files supplied by your client, and even if you don't have to install them... YOU should charge at least $200, or you are doing yourself AND this industry a dis-service. Make sure you charge enough!

Vision Ind

wow! I appreciate all the questions and responses! Like I said this is my first venture in printed vinyl I'll do the install. For this job I would like to wrap it up on monday and I have a local shop that will print all three logos for 75$ was going to ask the local shop about laminate as " this is my first print install" I have installed alot of vinyl over the last 6years for a couple of business's. If laminate installs like vinyl over the top of the printed vinyl then I would do the install. I was thinking of charging 150$ for the logos +installation. Next time I will plan more in advance and use someone off the forum! Ok go ahead and tear me apart::thankyou:

Jackpine

wow! I appreciate all the questions and responses! Like I said this is my first venture in printed vinyl I'll do the install. For this job I would like to wrap it up on monday and I have a local shop that will print all three logos for 75$ was going to ask the local shop about laminate as " this is my first print install" I have installed alot of vinyl over the last 6years for a couple of business's. If laminate installs like vinyl over the top of the printed vinyl then I would do the install. I was thinking of charging 150$ for the logos +installation. Next time I will plan more in advance and use someone off the forum! Ok go ahead and tear me apart::thankyou:
Welcome to the group.
I would have them laminated with a UV film, unless they are just square or rectangles. Then you could laminate them and trim as needed but you would need to buy the laminate.

iSign

I was thinking of charging 150$ for the logos +installation. Next time I will plan more in advance and use someone off the forum! Ok go ahead and tear me apart::thankyou:

I won't tear you apart, but iI will tell you to charge more. Why not? ... work like that is worth more, and it WILL cost more from the vast majority of companies who have done this long enough to realize they will not succeed if they don't charge more.

I get $150 for a pair af magnets every week for years now... with the third print... plus install... there is no reason to sell it for less, except that you don't have the overhead of a stand-alone shop... except, that's no reason either...

...and it makes the real shops look like gougers, just for charging what a professional needs to charge to have a shop.

Just something to think about.