• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrate Help

muledalton

I need direction towards what type of substrate to use. I'm making a basketball gym team players sign that will hang next to the scoreboards for the names of the player son the girls and boys basketball teams. I'm going to be using poly-metal as the main substrate and I will be using "J" and "H" plastic channeling with adhesive strips to secure them to the poly-metal. The names of the players, along with their jersey number" will be slid in between the channels for each player. .080 is the size it needs to be to fit perfect. I do not want to weigh it down so I am staying away from aluminum. What type of "plastic" material do I need for the slid in plates? I don't want something cheap, I want something that looks and feels professional. They will be changed out each year with new incoming players so i will need to be able to get it annually. I will also need to be able to cut it to size, approximately 6" x 36". I have a table saw or a 36" metal shear that I can use, or I could just score it and snap it. Again, I'm not too familiar with with "plastic" substrates in general so any help would be greatly appreciated.