• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrates

DizzyMarkus

Howdy Guys and Gals,
I need to find some blanks roughly 28" x 15" and about .25 think of aluminum. Now the sandwich type but a solid piece of aluminum about the thickness of a street sign. I found smaller items but none big enough to order and cut my on etc.

Thank you graciously,
Markus

DizzyMarkus

I will have to look into MAxMetal -- thank you both for the info. The strength of it is because it will be mounted on an open flat trailer -- mounted to the sides. It needs to withstand some banging and abuse from tools etc.

thank you both ,
Markus

Moze

Most street signs are closer to .080" or .125" for what it's worth. .250" is pretty stout (and $$$).

Any local electric sign shop should have a good stock of the above sheets and be able to cut you what you need.

P.S. You can send me a whole loaf Garafalo's sub by way of thanks. :)

DizzyMarkus

Your are most certainly correct as I thought one thing and typed another hehe sorry

Markus

hahaha onthe LOAF sub from Graph's-- those things feed a few people :0) I actually live 2 blocks North of there

Moze

I swear they have the best sub I've ever had. I miss them.

Attachments

• DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 88

visual800

for that application I would go with .080 or .063 aluminum. 1/4" is excessive. they wont pay for that or .125 anyway when they hear the price. maxxmetal although a great substrate is not gonna take abuse, X that out.

DizzyMarkus

Thanks Visual-- I looked on Grimco and hate when they give a generic picture. I couldnt really tell what Max-Metal consisted of, time for a few samples lol Thanks for the thickness' also

MOZE -- your making me hungry and sorry but I can go get one hehe The loaves are a smidge smaller (not that that matters) to keep the price the same. I can stuff a half but thats the end :clapping:

Thank you,
Markus