• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestion for reflective install

joelswork

Hey guys,
im having some issues with a 4" horizontal reflective stripe on the rear of some 2015 ford edges. We are doing 2 different colors, each has a different adhesive to it, one being super aggressive. I was asked not to apply it wet like I used to do back in the day.... But I'm having issues laying it down over the compound curves without bubbles. If I try to reposition, even without paddling it down, it bruises. What suggestions do y'all have.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Print all the colors on IJ680CR. That is what you need to do in this instance. It'll make the install a breeze and unless you're REALLY bad at installs it wont bruise either.
Never do reflective wet.

Jean Shimp

I use 3M 5100 reflective. It's good for cut out letters and striping over some minor curves. I always use application fluid and have not had a problem applying it wet. Been doing it at least 10 years.

joelswork

It's for a fleet job...everything comes in packaged and cut. I love 680, this is not 680. :(
both variations have 3m backing paper though

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Lay the reflective strip down onto a scrap strip of Wrap Vinyl first...then you have all the benefits of the wrap vinyl adhesive while installing dry.
:)