• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Suggestions for new Flatbed printer

jbarry14

Hi All,

Currently we have a JFX200 machine in our shop. It is getting pretty old and we are looking to upgrade. We are a smaller shop focusing on print quality and color consistency first. The current ink setup is CMYK,WH,CL (LUS-150 for color/white LH-100 for clear). I mainly print on Acrylic, Aluminum & PVC.

I have been looking into the JFX200-2513EX, Epson V7000, Vanguard VR6.
I'm leaning towards the Vanguard unit with the Ricoh GEN6 heads. I like the electromagnetic carriage system and being able to add more heads in the future. The other nice thing is being able to service the machine myself.

White and Clear ink is big for us, so the machine needs to be able to produce good white layers and nice gloss/matte finishes. I have been used to Rasterlink, being able to convert a file to white/clear and changing the percentage. Does Onyx have the same Capabilities?

I am open to other flatbed suggestions. We would like to stay under $150K. Our space is limited, so preferably I would like to just trade in our Mimaki.

Thanks in advance.

signheremd

You Really should talk to Mark Snelling on here from Hasco - he can help you out. We have a FluidColor with Gen 6 Ricoh heads and the heads are great! Yes Onyx can do layers of white and spot white, in fact it has more options than RasterLink for our Mimaki UCJV330 roll to roll UV. Only thing about Onyx is that GUI is less friendly/intuitive, but it is technically more powerful than RasterLink.

A FluidColor would be well within your price range and it does have a Varnish channel - which I believe would do the same as the clear channel you use now. You also have the ability to do leading or trailing lamps or both. Trailing lamps produces a more matte finish as the light hits the ink shortly after it lands on the substrate. Leading lamps gives a glossy finish and more intense reds as the ink droplets mix together longer before the light cures them. Both is good for multilayer printing to cure the ink layers well. We choose the FluidColor as the folks that started the company started out refurbishing old printers and then beefed up the parts that wear out first.

Hope that helps

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Hi All,

Currently we have a JFX200 machine in our shop. It is getting pretty old and we are looking to upgrade. We are a smaller shop focusing on print quality and color consistency first. The current ink setup is CMYK,WH,CL (LUS-150 for color/white LH-100 for clear). I mainly print on Acrylic, Aluminum & PVC.

I have been looking into the JFX200-2513EX, Epson V7000, Vanguard VR6.
I'm leaning towards the Vanguard unit with the Ricoh GEN6 heads. I like the electromagnetic carriage system and being able to add more heads in the future. The other nice thing is being able to service the machine myself.

White and Clear ink is big for us, so the machine needs to be able to produce good white layers and nice gloss/matte finishes. I have been used to Rasterlink, being able to convert a file to white/clear and changing the percentage. Does Onyx have the same Capabilities?

I am open to other flatbed suggestions. We would like to stay under $150K. Our space is limited, so preferably I would like to just trade in our Mimaki.

Thanks in advance.
I'd love to send you information, pricing, and specs on the Fluid Color flatbeds with the Ricoh Gen 6 heads. Our new units have room for three rows and up to 8 print heads in them with the linear motors. We can absolutely keep you under $150K as well. Mark Snelling 216-903-8313 Mark@HascoGraphics.com (thanks for the response, SignhereMD!)

Bxtr

We have a Vanguard VK300D, we love it. The only this is with the white ink, there is more prep involved to have it print nicely.
We are running it with Onyx Thrive. We've never needed a clear option, but I'm sure they can help you out with it.