• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa Cutting Off center

frojasferrari

Hi guys,

In my intro in the newbie section I posted a long time ago I was going to get a Graphtec cutter, but instead we went for a Summa Cutter.
The cutter just arrive last week (we are in Chile), and we began the test of the cutter but we are having a bad time making it cut properly.

We have a HP LATEX L260 and right now making the tests on Phototex paper. It prints great but when on the Cutter, it cuts where its not suppose to cut.
We are running Caldera, and making the proper marks, the machine finds the marks and read them allright, but when going to cut the graphics all goes to hell.

I´m gonna try to attached a couple of pictures.

I hope somebody knows how I can make it cut right.

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 413
  • image-2.jpg
    image-2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 334

frojasferrari

Hey Letterman, thanks for the reply.

I did calibrate the media.... BUT did it on white, so the calibration was AWFUL, didn´t know about the black vinyl (noob on this kind of machines) , Finally did it on black media and lower the cut speed and everything seems right, at least, the cutter did its work.

Now I have to guess the right pressure for cutting the Phototex and I´m all done.

Thanks

AF

It looks like you are using the wrong barcode and the registration line is missing. I would fix that and test again.

StickerChick

I having the same issue with my Summa 750. I calibrated the OPOS and its still cutting off center after it finds the marks. Any suggestions?

AF

I having the same issue with my Summa 750. I calibrated the OPOS and its still cutting off center after it finds the marks. Any suggestions?

Make sure the correct tool is selected on the front panel of the Summa as well as in the cut file being sent. Also, changing tools in the front panel and/or cut files will cause the OPOS calibration to go out. So anytime you change the tool type you must recalibrate opos.

AF

Another thing to check is if the leading or trailing edge of the material is snagging on something like the pinch rollers or other parts of the machine. Any media collisions will surely knock the registration off during the cut. On my machine, if I cut short lengths of material I have to cover the feed rollers and wind-up rollers with something to guide the cut material over it to prevent it from impacting and going out of registration. Some medias are fine, others have the perfect amount of stiffness to hit the rollers.

StickerChick

I spoke with Summa Tech Support (very nice people) I was able to get it very close, but it is still off on the registration. I'm cutting 2" & 6" diameter decals. Each has its own file, the 2" ones are off only slightly (maybe 1 mm or so) but the 6" ones are off by nearly 3 mm and it is very noticeable. The registration is cutting up and to right even after calibrating OPOS multiple times per instruction from Summa. I'm at a loss as to what to do from this point.

astraios

When you insert cutting marks there should be a long line in the beginning of print. Check how Summa cut this line. If it is OK at the edges and than go to smile effect you should enable 'force_XY_opos' in your Summa tools.