• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SUMMA D140 R Troubleshooting

sticker_monkeys

Hi, we have a Summa plotter here at the shop that just won't turn on. I am currently working with summa tech-help to figure out our situation over the phone, since we have no available techs in our Norhtern area within available distance we are limited.

The situation.. plotter will not turn on at all. Have changed the fuse and have blown 4 fuses with just a flick of the ON switch.
Am not able to carry power to the rest of the ciruit to be able to read the voltage in (motherboard, powersupply ect.) the inner components as a result. Does anyone think that this is short in the switch or the power supply.
Was wodering if anyone else has had this problem occur to them.

Plotter was bought May 08..fairly new, pretty stressed with the situation.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you ..pretty Urgent!

sticker_monkeys

Thanks because I am not familiar with this machine I have played it safe for now untill I get a diagram of the gut's. In the mean time I disconnnected the wires to and from the power supply, plugged in the cord to the power module and reloaded a new fuse. My goal with this was if a new fuse blew after I switched on the power it would (I assume) mean that there is a short in the power module and that would be the part I had to replace. It didn't blow.
So now I am left to assume the short is in the power supply so when the parts come in I will be able to furthur investigate the situation. Correct?
The tech I had spoke to encouraged my thought, but still reminds me that it is hard to detect the problem till new parts come in and we can troubleshoot on a later note. (when I was lessed stressed )
He also advised me that untill the machine is able to take a fuse, I wouldn't be able to read the voltage in the machine because the gate is closed to the power unless I have a fuse to carry it through?
So in the meantime most of the production remains delayed till the rental comes in and I look for a course in service tech, or eventuallt figure out what I am truly doing cause I am still not 100% sure.