• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

summa D140

psbc2009

Please see pic. Has anyone had this issue? It happens on any circles inside or out. Leaves a small tag end.

Attachments

• 2015-01-07_11-45-41_681.jpg
    2015-01-07_11-45-41_681.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 136

chester215

Just call me Chester.
I have seen something similar when cutting directly from a pdf supplied to me rather than cutting from my own design with my own fonts.
May not be the cutter but how the rip software interprets the circle .

psbc2009

I thought that was possible but it happens from all files. Just came on suddenly. Called Summa and sent a pic - they have no idea.
You would think they have seen it all.

bigben

I have a D160 and had this problem before. You simply have to adjust your cutter. I don't remember the exact name, but it will cut two path, then you mesure them and enter the value in the cutter. I know it's in the user manual.

I hope this will help.

MikeyG

Hi there
I had exactly the same problem on my D160R - the cuts wouldn't meet up when cutting letter 'O'. Both the inside and outside cuts would have the same 'notch' in them. Sometimes it also happened on the round parts of 'd' and 'p' as well.

Loads of suggestions for it were made by Summa and the machine's installers (it's only 8 months old!) - from the media being too thick, to re-calibrating, and even to use a Sandblast blade and holder.

The best and only solution to it that I've found is simply to put a nice new blade in the cutter! (Not the sandblast - I've never got that to give a decent cut! Awful thing!)
The new blade seems to cure the problem for a while!

If you come up with any other solution, please post it! I'd be really interested to give it a go myself!

All the best.