• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa D75 R cutter

striper14

Has anyone bought one of these recently & whats your opinion of its build / capabilities etc

looking at buying one myself...thanks

Bly

We bought a 160 not too long ago.
It's a great cutter.
OPOS works well, tracking is excellent.
It cuts vinyl and laminated calendared prints easily.

The Winplot Illustrator plugin means you can forget about special signmaking software too.

striper14

Thanks for the reply, Bly. It seems theres no one who sells them up here except Spandex & they dont have any demo machines so you've got to rely on user reviews & cross your fingers... i'm leaning to just buying & hoping at this stage lol

Bly

I asked Spandex here for a quote and they never came back to me so just bought one from Positive Camtech.

I was replacing an older 48" model so knew they are quality machines.
The newer ones have less problems recognising opos markers if that matters to you.

Mikeymyke

Summa D75R

I think basically you get what you pay for here. You'll pay a little more but the tracking on this machine is impressive, all cuts are accurate. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I'm very happy with mine. I used to see signs from our local shop how rough the cuts were and this machine I haven't seen anything like it in respect to quality and precision. I'm always happy to spend more to get more. Mike

Browner

We've got a D140R here. Have had it for almost three years, and don't regret it at all. Cuts through reflective (3M 680CR) quite nicely. Have thrown several 50 yard rolls on, and had straight tracking from start to finish. No complaints whatsoever.

striper14

Thanks for your insights..I've pretty much decided to get one based on your positive feedback
:thumb:
of course you'll get the blame if its a POS :ROFLMAO:

threeputt

We have the S75. Could not be happier. Well built and highly accurate. Purchased six months ago.

Doubt very much if anything Summa makes is a POS. World-wide reputation for accuracy and speed. Great machine.