• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Summa encoder problem

ppnai

Hello dear all ,
I have a Summa S2 D 120 , I'm having problem with the encoder ,
Error message after turning ON , UP and DOWN encoder not working, reboot.
I cleaned the encoder sensor and the strip still the same problem, any suggestions please.
Thanks

cornholio

I'd replace the head to test. (From the first aid kit, that every reseller should have...)
If it's not the head, it could be the flat cable or the main board. Since the board is easier to replace, I'd replace the board first.(you guessed right, it's in the first aid kit as well's)

Without parts to replace, it will be hard to find the faulty part...

ppnai

I'd replace the head to test. (From the first aid kit, that every reseller should have...)
If it's not the head, it could be the flat cable or the main board. Since the board is easier to replace, I'd replace the board first.(you guessed right, it's in the first aid kit as well's)

Without parts to replace, it will be hard to find the faulty part...
Thank you very much sir for your reply,
I did the hardware test from the service menu all is good except when testing the encoder motor it gives error.
If there is any way that i can check which part need to be replace , because its very expensive to try if the head or the main board .
Thanks again for your help

cornholio

Up down is not a motor, it's a solenoid.
If you move the knife up and down by hand in service mode, you should see the encoder value change.
You could test the resistance of the coil.

ppnai

Up down is not a motor, it's a solenoid.
If you move the knife up and down by hand in service mode, you should see the encoder value change.
You could test the resistance of the coil.
Yes I did that and the value of the encoder change each time you move the solenoid up and down

Lugsy63

When I load media into the summa I keep getting this error message 'Summa up-down encoder not working reboot'. Anyone have ant answers? S2 T160
Spoke to a tec and they've mentioned blowing compressed air onto the part attached. Hasn't done anything.

Cheers Alan
image0.jpeg
IMG_1463.jpg

cornholio

Does the head move the blade down, at the end of the init. process with media inserted? If not, it's the solenoid, flat cable or the mainboard.