• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa EOT help

Cordongc

Hi all,

I am having the hardest time making custom boxes without breaking blades. I used a brand-new summa blade from Airmark today and made less than ten boxes before the blade snapped. They always break off right at the base of the blade and these suckers aren't cheap.

The EOT doesn't have a multi-pass option like the router does so I'm not sure how to go about correcting this. The tool chart states that the EOT can do up to 7mm, I'm only using 4mm cardboard.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

-Christian

CanuckSigns

First off don't buy blades from summa, I get them from China for a fraction of the price, a HD knife from summa is over $100, I pay $5 each, and they last just as long.

If you are snapping blades, make sure your speeds are not too fast, and make sure your depth isn't too deep. If your design does not have complex cuts, try a beefier tool like the HD knife, or single edge.

Cordongc

First off don't buy blades from summa, I get them from China for a fraction of the price, a HD knife from summa is over $100, I pay $5 each, and they last just as long.

If you are snapping blades, make sure your speeds are not too fast, and make sure your depth isn't too deep. If your design does not have complex cuts, try a beefier tool like the HD knife, or single edge.
Thanks for that advice. I will look around for cheaper alternatives because right now $60 for an EOT it crazy to me. My velocity is 100mm, I'll try slowing it down even more so.

ProColorGraphics

I too buy blades from these guys. They work great! You do have a to get like 20-30 of each blade. If you are in the USA, I have a bunch on hand and could sell you some from my stock if you just need a few.
I have found that the ADC sets the blades too deep. I have almost all of my depths adjusted from the ADC defaults. I typically use the HD CutOut knife for cardboard.