• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Flatbed F1612 router motor died....

FatCat

Hi guys, wanted to share some info on this subject in case someone may have the same issue. Our motor just stopped in the middle of a job Wednesday afternoon and I took it to a local electric motor shop who took it apart and found the brushes were the culprit. This motor shop really didn't work on small stuff like this motor, most everything in there was at least the size of a coffee can or much larger. Anyway, please see the attached pic showing the one side brush has a built in safety device (pin on a spring) which pops once the brush is worn down so far. This pushes the brush away from the motor and prevents the brush from wearing further into the motor.

ANYWAY - yes KRESS (the OEM for this motor for Summa) is out of business and AMB bought out a portion of their business, and YES they make direct replacements for these motors. In fact, the USA based distributor is in OHIO (where I am from) up near Cleveland. I just ordered brushes to fix our existing motor, as well as a whole new motor so we'll have a spare in case something else happens down the road.

FYI - MIDWEST CIRCUIT TECHNOLOGY in Aurora, Ohio is where you need to look. LARRY HODSON is who I spoke to and was very helpful, and said they've been dealing with a pretty good amount of these motors made for Summa. Give Larry a call 330-995-6900 and he can hook you up. www.MCTinfo.net

IMG_2325.JPG
IMG_2312.JPG
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2310.JPG