• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa Looking for cropmark Caldera did not print? Phantom cropmark?

Tyler Durden

Everything was okay last time I was doing some runs from my roland printer to my cutter.

Now all of a sudden my Summa reads the barcode then the first crop mark then it stops and searches for a crop mark about 15"down that is not printed.
I cant figure out why all of a sudden this is happening. I did the same size print last week and it printed the standard 4 crop marks then the cutter read the four with no problem.

Does anyone know why this is coming about? I am using the barcode system so when it reads that it should know that there is only 4 crop marks.

Tyler Durden

Yes it was working fine, machine is new 140t2
It has to be in the machine because just loading from the machine without caldera involved it sees the first mark then gets stuck looking for mark that is not there.

For some reason I think it might be thinking it is at the back reg point when really it is like 24" from it, maybe accelerometer?

AF

It sounds like it is loading the wrong file and expects a different size job from what is loaded. If you didn't already, this would be a great time to load the latest firmware on the Summa.

Our summa needs a bit more top and side margin or it will fail the opos barcode load. Double check your margins and pinch roller positions. The media sensors can be cleaned easily, worth a shot in your case.

a77

Just had a similar issue with caldera and my graphtec.
You probably tried this - but closing caldera and restarting and the reselecting the job again fixed the issue for me.