• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa Print and Cut between to platforms.

andytoner

Hi Every One,

First of all thanks for letting me join the group.

I have just started a new job at a vinyl company, they do NOT currently do print and cut but do have the machines to do this. But there is an issue as below that I CANT work out due to my lack of knowledge of MACS.

The rip is ONYX ver. 12.05.6302 on a PC which is printing to a OCE Arizona 350 GT

As you can see from the image we can print the vinyl with the Summa OPOS bar codes on.

This is the problem

We run our Summa S2 Tseries 140 vinyl cutter in a different room and on a MAC that uses MACSign V10

I have found a plug in for MACsigns from Summa but can get this to work. I also can get the Onyx rip to send *.PLT files to our server but cant get it to load in MACSign

Does anyone use MACSign and might be able to help or is print and cutting with this and can let me know the best way to get round this problem ?

Kind Regards,

Andy

Attachments

• 20191212_093105.jpg
    20191212_093105.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 302

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Hi Andy,

In order for this process to work correctly you would need to use Onyx cut server to output your cut files if you wanted to use the barcodes. If you would like to output the cut files using MacSign you will want to use your design program(Adobe Illustrator or CorelDraw) to apply the registration marks as opposed to Onyx applying the marks. If Onyx applies the marks you need to use Onyx to output the files, regardless of whether you are using the barcode scanning or not.

I hope this makes sense, but feel free to email me at philj@airmark.com if you want to pick my brain on this process.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext 112
philj@airmark.com

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Summa has their bar code reading software, not sure if it is Mac compatible

We run our Summa cutter via network connection. Print thru Onyx with Summa bar code. File is automatically sent thru cut server to Summa bar code reader software. We load up our material and off and running.