• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa T S160 inconsistent cuts, some deep some shallow. (Solved)

IvanDD

Ran into a really stupid problem, and wanted to post it here in case someone searches for this issue (as I found absolutely nothing in my searching) they have something to go off of.

Anyway, summa one day just started cutting normally for most of the print and then randomly some part wasnt breaking through the vinyl or there was no mark at all.

So it turns out that when i took the top off the carriage one of the screws fell and I thought it just vanished on the floor. Turns out it didnt. It dropped right onto the head of the knife carriage and fell perfectly into a hole on top of the motor/magnet that makes the knife go up and down. The magnet was pulling the screw through the hole (so it looked like the screw should have been there) and causing the knife to ride a lot lower than usual, and causing the issues i was having with inconsistent force.

If I hadnt seen that screw bounce, I probably would have had summa out to tell me im a moron.

Everything had to perfectly fall into place for that screw to land there.

Oh well, issue fixed.