• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question SummaCut d120

heyitsme

Hey there, I've started a new job where we have a SummaCut d120 at our disposal which I think we could be using for more things. Every now and then we print around 60-80 posters on a roll of paper substrate/material, two side by side for quite a length, then these are manually cut these out with scissors/blades etc.

If these posters had CutContour layers added, could this roll be fed into the SummaCut and then be left to cut all these out itself?

I've not had much luck finding a detailed manual on what all the settings for Onyx Cut-Server or the Summacut do, but maybe using the 'Cut Off Media' option after each row, then the Summa wouldn't try to feed too much roll back on itself as it does while cutting, and jam up etc

Apologies for my newb-ness. I'm always the one to try figure out how everything works and if we're doing things the most efficiently we can!

Bly

I always found flexcut to be slow, noisy and leaves a slightly serrated edge to cuts.
I think you'll do a faster better job on posters with a rotary trimmer or long ruler and blade.

FrankW

It is difficult to cut posters on a roll cutter. This cutters are created to cut vinyl attached to a backing paper. Flexcut is not very reliable with paper. Even preparing the vinylx

There are XY-Cutters on the market like the ones from the italian companies Neolt and Fotoba. Additionally, Summa has invented a poster cutting system to their F-Series Flatbet cutters. This works without any separate CutContour-Data (see video
).

FrankW

By the way, the SummaCUT don't have a automatic cut off media function which can be driven by the software (only the S-Class have).