• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Super tape removal - HELP!!!!

Sticky Signs

I mounted some prints on sintra for a client a while back. I used super tape to adhere to the wall. You know, the stuff that looks like snot. I've never had a problem with it before. Client just called to complain about the tape ruining the dry wall. So far he has tried heat and fishing line with no luck. I'm all out of ideas at this point. Anyone got a solution for me?
thanks

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 125

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Bad paint job, then...

Nothing you can do about that.

I once had to letter a cube van that had been repainted for the new owner. I started by putting the vehicle weights along the bottom of the side and, when removing the premask, big chunks of fresh paint (supposedly cured for a week) came with it leaving behind a nice clean primer.

I called the guy and suggested he take this paint job back where he got it and have them re-do before I wasted anymore time and materials while removing any more paint. He did.

showcase 66

ya looks like a bad paint job. My wifes uncle who has been painting for over 40 years has always told me to wait at least 3 weeks after painting (2 coats of paint and another week for every coat after that) before applying any vinyl or super tape. Latex paint needs to fully cure otherwise it will bond to the tape and not the wall.

schlimmerkerl

Next time, if you have any doubt about the paint job (or even if not) you might consider using 3M Dual-Lock or Z-clips (brooklynhardware.com has nice ones). Mechanical fastening all the way. Even if they do pull out when removed, you only need patch a few screw holes. You might try removing the panels by squirting adhesive remover between the glue and the wall using a syringe or similar and work them off with a wide-blade spatula (i've used one that's made for cake-decorating). Good luck.