• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

switching from CMYKlmlcSS to 2xCMYK

artbot

i'm switching my jv3 160sp to 2xCMYK from CMYKlmlcSS and the printer is pretty taken apart right now (doing some overhauling). in that there are no carts in the pritner and no ink in the lines, but did not do a custody wash, ...will the firmware ask me to "clean" out the CMYKlmlcSS and then go to an ink fill for the 2xCMYK? or can i bypass and just tell it to change color/infill? ...just what will i see? and or what is the simplest way to get to the 2xCMYK fill up? (i've got no heads in the machine to boot up and look at the screen to figure this out.)

the way the firmware approaches this will greatly affect the order in which i reassemble the machine.

thanks

aa

ionsigns

manual? procedure? instructions?

"Success leaves clues." "Exploring is littered with expense and death."

ionsigns

But lets be clear on this...I applaud your move to CYMKCYMK [2XCYMK] because promotional is CYMK and LmLc is just crap for overpaid designers. :clapping:

Last edited:

artbot

ha! i remember when i first installed the printer with the manual by my side. i set the fill up wrong somehow and had to do it wasting time and cleaning carts... all i remember is the instructions in the manual not being that clear. don't speak mimakinese.

artbot

the cool thing is that i'm building a tiny "piggy back" cart' that rides with the head carriage. so when i want to go back to white or silver, i can just pour out about 20ml then switch back to black (the black head will have a secondary damper that runs solvent varnish) in minutes. the dampers are mounted outside and away from the heads so i can swith dampers like a switchboard (and it's now one damper to each head, i made custom f-style manifolds for each head adapter).

artbot

it's built. no photos yes until finished. it's dream too! a quiet jv3. instead of squaking and doing head cleans all day. been off for days while knock around the studio. heads are completely clean. i can put ink in them in two mintues. getting the parts for my piggy back cartridge in a few days. that should be interesting.

i built it. after doing the one i've got i'd build the second one as a custom bulkhead instead of a machined manifold.

one problem is that i also raised the heads to 4mm (2.38 max printable thickness). can't seem to get the capping station to make perfect contact despite every possible combination of shems. grrr... it's not rocket science. hopefully will get solved today (at least if i can get the free time)