• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

System Error 15 - 750 envision plotter

ndemond

Afternoon, just joined and have been looking for similar problem. System error 15 failed start up of plotter. I cleaned and lubed tracks. After removing tool head cover noticed left ribbon connection is loose at bottom. Have been searching for a exploded view of tool head on the web to no avail. Any help here would be appreciated, as I wait for the 3rd hour for a Gerber tech to call (yawn). Loosing time and money. Have been traveling around the forums..I think I will like it here.

Nancy
thank%20you.gif

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
System Error 15 is a Z-Axis connection error. Z-Axis is the up down motion of the toolholder. I doubt you will find an exploded view and, unless you're very handy mechanically, I would recommend that you wait for GSP to return your call. They should be able to walk you through on the phone whatever you will need to do.

You might want to consider calling your Gerber distributor. I know my distributor, Advantage Sign Supply, offers free and excellent telephone support to me as a customer.

ndemond

Thought I would let everyone know.. It was the loose ribbon cable on the bottom of the tool head (holder). It was not making good contact. I had to reinsert the cable in the white plastic piece. Pull it toward you about 1/4 inch reinsert ribbon cable, push white plastic piece and ribbon back in place. I should have did that yesterday, instead I waited for a tech guy to call this morning. (gerber) Can I not be a pre-schooler any more?

Nancy

signage

Glad to see you came back and let us all know what the problem is. This will help all if they would get this error code and do a search!:thumb: