• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tamper evident vinyl?

letterman7

I know it's out there in the form of ready-made labels and such, but is there stuff available for our large format digital printers? I have a customer that's looking for something larger than a label, but tamper-resistant/evident.

Rick

letterman7

I think I saw that in my searching, there is thermal printable, but I can't find anything digital. Must be something with the way the product is made.

gabagoo

I just had to find some last week and called around. I found someone up here and they wanted what they had left out of their warehouse so I got 18 yards for $18.00 --48" . The stuff prints ok but the weeding is absolutely nuts. It breaks up into small pieces and sticks all over your hands.
I finally got aggravated and rolled it up and will let the customer do it. The stuff has a purpose but for my customer it makes no sense. I told him, maybe you cant get it off easily but you could wipe it with solvent and remove all the ink if need be so I am not sure of its real purpose except to see if it is tampered with. Cant laminate it as that will take away the tamper proof breaking of the decal.

HaroldDesign

"Gerber Security Label Stock" is the one for the EDGE that leaves the word "Void". I know Advantage carries it.

letterman7

Hmm... I suppose that's the purpose of having it thermally printed. I do like your suggestion though, Mike!