• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Teckwin printers

jayhawksigns

Our dealer that we have bought ALL of our digital printers through for the past ten years won't be able to sell us on our next printer, because they don't handle flatbeds. But they have an agreement with another company that does and they carry the Teckwin printers. Didn't know if anyone had seen or know anything about them. We should be seeing a demo by the end of the month.

jayhawksigns

NAZDAR is the one who is carrying it. It doesn't hurt to at least look at it.

What bothers me most, is that in '05 Gerber and 3M both were selling rebranded Teckwin printers and then quit, why?

Hzone15

not all are junk, you are right but............

where are you going to get service. Your dealer? What if you dealer happens to sell 10-15 units, where are you in line. Example the infinity it looks fine at shows right? How many are out there that own? Not many. Look into where the majority of people are buying hybrid flat/roll printers in the US.

H

GK

I hear that but Not all chinese are junk. Look at the Graphtec plotters

Umm, could be mistaken but isnt Graphtec based out of Santa Ana, CA? And for that matter, look at Seiko...HP buys up their machines and rebrands it to the HP9000s. Most of the equipment is made overseas and they have their offices here. As long as your tech support is located here your fine. Many poster and banner medias are made over in Hong Kong and rebranded here, reps just forget to mention that =P

ChicagoGraphics

Any printer from Japan are most likely good, you wanna stay clear of the Chinese, Tiwan, and India printers. Even at the shows the prints look like crap and thats only if the printer is even running at all.

Graphix Plus Ink

Even at the shows the prints look like crap and thats only if the printer is even running at all.
Believe it or not the graphtec guy told me that their 8foot printer is not for me cause I print banners for close up viewing. I had to respect that.

Actualy Seiko got bought by HP which I believe is American and received aa firmware upgrade to my understanding.. Most companies who are located out of CAlifornia are chinese or Japanese. lol I guess its where ever the boat lands first. Mimaki is out of Georgia Go figure though

Both Mimaki and Graphtec are Japanese companies, with USA offices in suburban Atlanta and southern California respectively. Graphtec rebrands Infiniti (a Chinese manufacturer) printers.

Bob

onesource

I checked out the flaar reports on printers and they had nothing and I mean absolutly nothing good to say about the chinese products. The workers are uneducated, they are building copies of older printers that failed and renaming them, machines were falling apart on site and on and on...
They did have great things to say about Mutah's factory. The workers were well educated and the plant was very organized and clean. Mutah has tested the printers several years upon release where the Chinese are selling machines that have not been tested to gain capital to keep going.
Flaar also had things to say about Roland and Mimaki but not that bad, mainly Roland sells the printers without discosing that certian colors were not printing good like the reds but overall good. I only elaborated on Mutah because thats what I was looking at the most.
......Stick with a Roland, Mimaki or Mutah...............................................
Not saying all Chinese stuff is bad cuz all my computers are china made and work great and most things work good but they just entered the large format market a couple of years ago.
Most things are rebranded Chinese stuff anyway.