• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Telling a Client you would no longer like to work with them on Future projects

John L

100% upfront is great advice. Some of my best clients nowadays were the worst credit offenders of yesteryear. We still extend credit terms to a very few but after implementing our "zero receivables" policy on the rest, we have slept much better around here. ... and I have found that I even have more patience in dealing with types that I would have shown the door.

4R Graphics

If you have enough work coming in then fire them. If you need the income and they do a lot of work then first you tell them how it is dont let them dictate payment or price. Quote the job high enough that it will cover any extra hoops you may need to jump through. Make sure you get either 100% up front or at least a 50% deposit. Make sure you get the deposit before you even star designing. I noticed it said in one of your posts they will pay 100% upon apporval (BULL$*it) 50% before you start design or anything atleast. I have fired a few clients and hey some times they come back later pleading for you to do there jobs and somtimes they bad mouth you. This is where you have to grow a pair and have thick skin. Dont let them run you around put your foot down dictate the terms and stand firm they will either agree or walk out.

binki

if they are wholesale send them a letter telling them you are no longer doing wholesale work. we did that to rid ourselves of some real pitas.

heyskull

We have a client exactly like yours and they were so slow at paying the bill.
We now have payment in full at the start of the job. Like it or leave it!
We have found out since, they will only use us for the quality jobs and all the rubbish work goes to the low ballers which means I get left with the work that makes the most profit :)

SC

boxerbay

you have to set the tone. if you want to keep them - put a sign on the wall stating 50% deposit needed.

If you dont want to deal with them - quote the job very high.