• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The gall of some customers.

TXFB.INS

This thread is scary but this is happening a lot now.
Only thing is to counteract with either an additional 5-10% on the job or come up with outrageous terms also.

I haven't come across anyone wanting an annual fee for their business.
The only thing is if I had to pay a business an annual fee I would want all of their business.

SC

This is a requirement to do work with any college / university or company that has their artwork handled by a trademark management company.
http://lrgusa.com/home/ comes to mind as the main trademark management company for colleges.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I was recently sent a letter from a large company that I work for that wanted me to sign up for a preferred vendors list. They wanted me to pay $600 for a first year and $1200 a year after that. Ummm, NOPE. I'd rather lose their business than take a chance of signing up and not getting enough business from them to offset the cost. Since that letter, I have lettered a truck for them. Only time will tell if I continue to do any work for them or not.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I've had one this year try to contact me and get me to pay $400 a year to be a service vendor from them. After I stated, that they would have to guarantee $1500 a year in sales to offset that in a "pay or play" contract ... they hung up on me. just a money making scheme, give them comparable terms and they tend to fold like a house of cards. I don't care if you do have almost 150 vehicles, with the average life of graphics being 4-7 years and the average price of graphics being $200-300 ... a pay or play contract would make me being ok with becoming a vendor and ensuring I'm there for your company ... or you're paying me to be tied up with not doing your graphics. Geez, the last two that wanted that sort of commitment with weird or wonky terms for payment would send stuff over with no notice and want the vehicle back in 3 hours ... and always when I'm 5 deep in jobs due that day or next day ... one wouldn't pay for almost 180 days but still want 4 hour turn around. Pass on that.