• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question The illustrator graphic file is damaged

midwife111

Please tell me any good tool for file recovery of adobe illustrator, the fact that one of the graphics files I get an error that damaged or maybe that other offer as help?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not easy to follow along with your request. You don't seem to have any knowledge on anything, based upon your profile, so, I must presume, you don't know what you are doing.... is the real problem.

If you haven't a clue, then I'm not sure anyone here can help someone in your position.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Was this a file you received via email or something you created? If from an email have that person resend the file or place into a zip file first and then resend. Sometimes emails will corrupt an eps or ai file

TammieH

I had a harddrive go bad last year, we were able to recover the files ...thankfully on a back up...but, some Illustrator files are damaged.. luckily my boss has a newer version of windows and I am able to open the files on her computer. I have only come across a handful so far...at least I have a fix.

Sooooooo midwife, possibly you have a friend that can open the files for you and re-save them.