• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Shadow

Bradster941

Flash Gordon, The Avenger, Buck Rogers, Red Rider, Blackstone the Magic Detective, Charlie Chan, Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, Bob Hope, Blondie, etc..

While I’m not old enough to have listen to these Live Radio shows when I was younger,
I sure do enjoy listening to them now and thought maybe a few Signs 101 members would as well.

How wonderful, (or Incredible), that these were Live performances every week, and with just the spoken word, you are right there with more visualization than watching T.V..
( I can’t help but feel the Signs we produce these days should analogous this format ).

http://www.radiolovers.com/

Bradster941

mikey-Oh

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Thanks for sharing Bradster941, I'll dig though the library tomorrow at work.

WildWestDesigns

I've collected OTR shows since I was in High School. One Christmas my grandmother got me a box set of Louis L'Amour audio dramas(when audio dramas and OTR were the first things put on cassettes when books on tape first starting coming out in the 80s) and that's what started me on that. Sherlock Holmes was next, then Tales of the Texas Rangers, Shadow etc. I have quite a few of DVD-Rs(as in the 200-300 range, some of all movies and quite a few WWII stuff as well) filled with OTR MP3s.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that likes this stuff.

By the way, a couple of Shadow knockoffs that are pretty good: Inner Sanctum and The Whistler. Try Inner Sanctum's "Skeleton Bay" and the Whistler's "Not if I Kill you First". I always liked those two.

JR's

thanks Bradster, I am listing to Laurel and hardy right now. it would be cool if thy had the shadow.

JR

GypsyGraphics

use to be a radio station in the late 80's early 90's that played the old Green Hornet radio shows.... i worked nights and loved listening to them while i worked!

OldPaint

well, being that I REMEMBER listening to the SHADOW, DRAGNET, on radio. went to the movies......and saw BUCK RODGERS serials. we got out 1st TV 1951 i think. had 3 channels, and had to turn the antenna to get it to come in better on each one. 1st detective show was ROCKY KING http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0042142/.......then came brian donlevey, he would be walkin down a street, stop next to a light pole(wood)and somebody throws a knife, that sticks in the pole..........DANGEROUS ASSIGNMENT http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044257/
1st SCI-FI tv show........CAPT VIDEO!!!! http://www.archive.org/details/captainvideo guy in a metal suit!!!! HOWDY DOODY, BUSTER BROWN SHOW with andy devine!!!!! the original 3 MUSKETTERS........with anette funechello!!!!!! my favorite show was DISNEY HOUR.
real cartoons like MIGHTY MOUSE, MICKEY MOUSE, TOM & JERRY, hell i even remember the original SUPERMAN!!!!

Last edited:

JR's

CAPT VIDEO good stuff. thanks oldPaint, and Bradster. this stuff brings me back.

JR

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
I absolutely Love old radio plays.
Gunsmoke, Frontier Gentelman, Have Gun will Travel, Lights Out, Wierd Circle, Suspense
We moved about a year ago and I am still setting up everything so have not pulled all the cassettes out of the closet.
Three spine chillers that come to mind are:
A Suspense episode of a disk jockey visiting a spook house, recording the expeience, and the story is told as the people that come to pick him up in the morning listen to the recording. The recording ends as he is happily joining the ghosts jumping off the cliffs.
Another Suspense episode of a real estate agent finding a diary of a man that has purchased his house in a new subdivision in California. Detailing experiences of werewolves in the house. Death and destruction of him and his wife. Problem was house was not completed after the diary dates until six years later due to the war and turned over to the real estate agent for sale. So was it a warning or a history?
A Lights Out episode of three bank robbers who attempt to hide their stash in a haughted basement and find the devil (the old man that gave them directions at the general store to the ruins) and his gate of hell. The woman's with the german accent, pleading as they are pulled to oblivian is not to be believed.

Oh wait. Got to go now. C. Sheen has poped a pimple. :omg2:Geez.

OldPaint

for those who like "self help" shows like dr phil ect. THE ORIGINAL TV SHRINK WAS...................BISHOP FULTON J.SHEEN!!!! Life Is Worth Living (1951–1957)
makes dr phil look like the BOZO he really is.