• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

the ugly-est sign i have ever made!!!

OldPaint

i did a football field sign for little league today. THE UGGGLEEEEST thing i have done in 36 years of making signs!!!!!! i wont even post a pic. it 32" X 48" white coro, i took some old A6 BROWN avery ive had forever, covered the coro with it.
NOW PICTURE THIS...........PINK, almost hot pink LETTERS!!!!!!
THIS IS WHAT THE PERSON PAYING FOR THE SIGN WANTED!!!!!!! i did as i was asked. it sure is ugly!!!!!

cdiesel

We've had a rash of people coming in lately that wouldn't let us design for some reason. They had so and so make their website five years ago, and want the wrap to match. No, I want it like it was in the Word doc I sent over--with seven fonts on it.
There were a couple we tried really, really hard to sway. Submitted comps, talked and talked. No avail.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Kinda makes me think of a birthday cake.

Haven't you heard? Brown and Pink are the new "black".

Don't believe me? Just go check out the fashion department, the school supply department and anything kid/teen related. I began noticing that last year.

Whoda thunk?!

JB

formanek

I also own a bar/restaurant as the head chef..... when I get customers (police department today) try to tell me how to layout a graphic design I tell them this. " You wouldn't come into my kitchen and tell me how to prepare your meal, so why would you tell me how to design the skinz for your vehicle?" :)

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Something is definitely in the air.

Over the past month I've cranked out a few "fast sign" oriented jobs where the customer gave no details other than copy. I produce a really nice looking layout. Then the customer goes, "oh but we want it to look like this." The "this" they're talking about is CRAP. Crank it out and shout "NEXT!"

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Something is definitely in the air.

Over the past month I've cranked out a few "fast sign" oriented jobs where the customer gave no details other than copy. I produce a really nice looking layout. Then the customer goes, "oh but we want it to look like this." The "this" they're talking about is CRAP. Crank it out and shout "NEXT!"

And then when customer's friends ask who made that monstrosity, they can tell them "you did".

We have a customer with an awning with vinyl letters on vinyl valence -wanted that removed and new letters put up. Were told that the old letters would leave ghosting, but still insisted. We went down there and started peeling, and halfway through, they stopped by.

Changed their mind. Said it looked too ugly. Wanted it painted instead.

If only there was a nice way to say "You have absolutely no idea what you are doing, please, please let the ****ing professionals handle it"

slappy

brown and pink is a trend lately. I noticed alot of baby bedding those colors when i was shopping for baby stuff. Some of it actually looked nice. I'd like to see a pic of the sign though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those two colors....... just don't know why, but I'm getting this rather hideous vision of something nasty that OP did for some Adult Store and is covering it up by saying little league.

Attachments

• brown n pink.jpg
    brown n pink.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 52

Patentagosse

On a regular base, I told "prospect" customers that I won't do a sign with their design if I'm not 100% it will serve 'em right. Some folks out there have great ideas or decent graphic design skill so it might worth looking at others' concepts from time to time... Some walk in with a .doc file saying they want it exactly that way... and these poor souls walk out w/o a sign because I'm in right to refuse to do crappy signs. When they'll be asked who the hell made this crap, chances are they will spread the word YOU did it, not 'em. I simply (and politly) invite 'em to shop around for another place who doesn't care 'bout their reputation. I think it serves me better than having made crap that wouldn't makes me proud. 'Too busy to mess with that...