• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Thick sticker vinyl

proper_printshop

Hey everyone! Just got a new Roland VG2 54" and it's AMAzing. I'm using Arlon 4500 GLX for stickers, but am looking for something thicker. A couple of years ago Arlon made something thicker, grey on the back, w/air release, but then they discontinued it.

Does anyone know what that thicker material was? And if it's discontinued, is there another brand that carries something similar? I really liked how easy to install they were compared to the 4500 GLX. It almost stood up on its own, no wrinkling..

Thanks!

signheremd

We use Orafol: 3551RA is a Rapid Air, air egress but is only 2.75mil without lamination.
3258 is a 6mil without the air egress, and 3164RA is a air egress that is 4mil.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
+1 for 6 mil. I have a customer who makes retail displays that are put together at the location by the employees. They print on the 6 mil be cause it's so easy to lay down even for someone who has no experience.

TomK

GF-220 is a great 6mil Gloss vinyl.
I use 15 rolls of 54" every week with NO Problems
Damn, my dream for sure! If I may ask - what do you use it for, stickers, signage, etc? Also what printers do you use to print on the 220?

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Damn, my dream for sure! If I may ask - what do you use it for, stickers, signage, etc? Also what printers do you use to print on the 220?
Printing on Seiko W64 and W54 also on Roland XR 640.
Decals, Real Estate signs, Window Graphics and general signage nothing huge, YET.
Customers love the quality and appearance.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a great 6 Mil Permanent for $250 on 54"x150' that is a rigid vinyl and lays down real easy.

SameDay Signs

BIG FISH is always a good go to but if depending on location its not close enough i would give wensco alpha 6 mil a shot, we use alot of it and it is very well priced....but i would suggest big fish on here first if possible

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BIG FISH is always a good go to but if depending on location its not close enough i would give wensco alpha 6 mil a shot, we use alot of it and it is very well priced....but i would suggest big fish on here first if possible

Appreciate the kind words! I totally get it with shipping also!