• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

thoughts?

ucmj22

what do we think about this?

Attachments

• Dave logo1.jpg
    Dave logo1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 94
  • DC BC.jpg
    DC BC.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Shirt proofs1.jpg
    Shirt proofs1.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 84
  • detail shop 1.jpg
    detail shop 1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 91

ucmj22

Sun on the beach!

well, nevermind, customer doesnt like it. yesterday he told me he wants flames, today says he wants it to look like this (see attatched). It's like I have to drag people kicking and screaming in to good design.

Attachments

• header1.jpeg
    header1.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 68
I would come up with a concept that screams car detailing and throw it at him...will give him something to mull over. Just might get him away from the flames.

signmeup

Gac! Ask him if he wants to detail kid's rice burners or Lawyer's Beemers. The Beemer crowd seems like the better prospect.

Jillbeans

We think it looks more like a sign for a BBQ joint.
And we think the other example that he wants looks like a 5 year old's vomit after a Chuck E Cheese birthday party.

You can try to sell a good design to a customer but most won't recognize a good layout if it kicked them in the teeth.
I'd suggest something more upscale which would still appeal to the flamer crowd.
Love....Jill

Marco

I prefer shiny.

defff... take it to another level. Give him a car with swirl marks left behind from the (heat, flames, rpms) polisher. ORRR you can give em a nice shiny star looking car with little sparkling stars all over it and shiny text letters.
:))

ucmj22

I think as a designer I got in to the wrong profession. All people want is flames diamond plate, and checkered flags. If they can't pick it out of a clip art book they dont want it.

mikey-Oh

I think as a designer I got in to the wrong profession. All people want is flames diamond plate, and checkered flags. If they can't pick it out of a clip art book they dont want it.

that's just what they understand, it's our job to step up the game

p.s. i really liked your die-cut business card design

Craig Sjoquist

well your 1st design looked better then his but still didn't ring a bell.
Yes agrees with ,...radical design hutch
come up with a CLEAN professional identity ...simple,readable, balanced design...maybe add a flame to a hand or a design on a car,.. your looking at what you would feel like after car has been finished detailed.