• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts?

jkdbjj

Made the "TM" smaller it was bugging me.

3VI_LOGO.png

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

Circleville Signs

i think either the idea is already taken or you've already made up your mind ... For 3 years now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alterimaging/4093254502/in/set-72157622776090752

also, just a brief google search ...

https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy....,cf.osb&fp=cb785b2a153d08fa&biw=1024&bih=618

... Brings up a glicee printing company, a grand format printing company, a tanning spa, a landscape software company and a design company all in the same top 10.

rofl!!!!

HulkSmash

i'm curious how you trade marked a logo, that was already trade marked.
Or even designed a logo that was already designed.

JoshLoring

jkdbjj said:
So what ya think?

I think it would be MUCH cooler if you subliminally made the negative space in the iris into a computer mouse and the mouse cable tied off the right side of the eye.

Just sayin... The eye is boring. Make it something that has to do with what you do....

JoshLoring

Coloradosigns said:
i'm curious how you trade marked a logo, that was already trade marked.

Trademarks are useless...
A registered trademark would be impressive. We own a couple ourselves.

jkdbjj

It's my logo guys. I just stopped using it.
Thought a fresh pair of eyes would help.

Stop being so damn suspicious.

jkdbjj

Alterimaging was my original design company that made my first website etc... I never really like the logo, but I don't have anything else. Right now on my website I just typed the word out.
Sheesh

Craig Sjoquist

I like the icon.
Myself I would try smaller indeed seems a bit overpowering the name.
Might also try bringing it closer to name seems a bit spacey.
I am saying TRY see if it does have more appeal

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Here's the deal, changing the size of the TM and adding the text isn't a change really, the TM change it better visually ... but when people ask what they think of the logo I type into google two things "(Name of company) logo" followed up by "(graphic element) (vector or clipart)" if there's a graphic element. I know I don't have to google the eye to know that every 15 year old with a pirated version of illustrator jumps straight to drawing eyes. So, my honest opinion is ... How does the eye relate if the visual impact of a simplified eye is so overdone they expect to see it blend in when compared to logos of other places that use eyes in the same field. Now that doesn't mean you need someone getting punched in the face for your logo ... would be cool, but think of your customer base. You're logo is professional looking, clean lined and colored and simple ... just hard to find you since again ... google is your best friend here ... people rely on google or bing to find you most of the time ... they google your name ... which leads to 3 people in a similar field.

jkdbjj

Thanks for the feedback.
I agree I don't come up at all in my local market. It is saturated with good and bad sign shops. Charlotte is a growing powerhouse of a city.

I am having my website designed currently and it will be done soon. This will include heavy SEO work to better place both paid and eventually natural search methods.

As far as the eye goes, I wasn't a big fan when it was designed, however at the time I had a partner that liked it so I compromised. Therein is the reason I haven't been using it lately, though it is on my bus cards till they run out.

I do think the eye speaks to visual in the name Visual Impact. Anyway, I am not a designer even though I am very proficient with Adobe suite.

Again thanks for the feedback.