• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

tips on painting cold rolled steel

d hard

Im removing the center frame and replacing it

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 102

signage

Have you looked at any other signs yet? That would show you how most are done.

This mounting all depends on how the signs are made and the design of how they will look when finished. IE do they go in between the poles or extend to the outside edge of the support poles.

signage

Have you examined how the existing ones are done?

It looks like the lower square tube is used to support the cabinet and then bolted to the poles!

d hard

My financier took care of the ul and waiting on the prints from me for engineering.. i have design but now not sure of metal to use.

Hey thank you all of you for hdlping me out this far. Wang you to know its appreciated.

d hard

Haven't got a chance to look in side one yet. If i bolt with steel bolts will it contaminate the aluminum and make it rust?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Use stainless steel bolts.

The way the bottom piece is twisted, I would imagine that's fabricated and decorative rather than a support feature.

The existing cabinet is likely bolted and/or welded to the supports and how the new cabinet will need to be installed as well.

Wes Phifer

Most of those Exxon signs had tapped holes that the cabinet bolted to. The bracket at the bottom is heavy and bolted in the same manner (usually). I bet all the bolts are not in it by looking at the twist. I have mounted some the same way drilling and tapping but it is not much fun. I would steel frame and paint it. It will take decades to rust the steel enough to cause problems at least around here.

FS-Keith

holy hell, why is anyone agreeing to a steel sign. if you dont have any experience in signs buy an aluminum extrusion knockdown kit and weld it up

Wes Phifer

If he is building a cabinet use aluminum. If it is just a frame to mount a LED sign to steel framing will work fine. No steel sheet metal just something to mount a manufactured led sign to. Poles are steel. A few pieces to mount a sign to can be steel as well. IMO.