• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

to the sign painters

sjm

Slappy....

Quick question for ya......

Have you ever used a paint brush cutting in outlines or small lettering with two feet on the ground ??

Do you think it will be any easier up about 12' 0r 15' in the air with tough summer sun beating down on you ??

These guys are giving you great ideas and advise, but one thing I think they're forgetting is... you're not a hand painter.... really at all.

You must decide if this is the kind of thing you wanna have fun with.... at your own expense. We can give you all the pointers in the world, but once you're out there and get started..... if something starts to go wrong... do you have any basis from which to pull to solve problems on the spot ?? If not, something of this nature could snowball on you and start costing you a lot until you remedy the problem. Most people will take a helper, but either your helper or you should know what you're doing. Remember, this is a big expensive item that you are about to put paint on. That's kinda permanent in my book. You can't mess it up.

My last question is.... do you have the proper insurance to be 12' in the air with paints, scaffolds and sharp objects ?? You better check and make sure.

:peace!:

This is different than installing a 3x20 banner 12' off the ground, how? Of course I should pay someone 2X the price of the banner for something I can install using a ladder.

tcorn1965

SJM,
I can appreciate your sarcasm because I can be sarcastic.
I am not a sign maker, a designer, for that matter, in this field... I'm a baby.
I do contribute when I can, in my skill set.
Maybe it is some kind of language barrier, everything you say comes off as being a prick, no not a prick, a know it all prick. You are, in your mind, a ... somebody. I congratulate you. If you want to participate, do so, with at least a why for, or an example, otherwise crawl back where you came from and Shut the F#*#! up.

I feel you probably have a lot to offer this forum, you just have to figure out a better way to do it. If you need guidance on how to be respectful 563-676-4078

Terry

schramm

Anytime I make a sign I use paint mask for my lettering but never vinyl as quality exterior paint will last 2-3x's longer and looks better. Much less expensive then buying a roll of each color you need. I have never made a sign using vinyl except corplast.

Me and my daughter did this desk top using nothing but paint mask and paint.

Attachments

• RMS1.jpg
    RMS1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 91