• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tomorrow install barring tropical storm...

SignManiac

Just finished this up ten minutes ago. One of my more complicated builds. Name and attorneys are 23k gold leaf. The blank panel at the bottom is for future partner. The only thing that could mess this up is all the rain that's heading our way. It's pouring out right now as I type.

Sign is approximately 6'h. x 6'w. All PVC and Dibond.

Attachments

• Jaeger-01.jpg
    Jaeger-01.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 101
  • Jaeger-02.jpg
    Jaeger-02.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Jaeger-03.jpg
    Jaeger-03.jpg
    445.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Jaeger-04.jpg
    Jaeger-04.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Jaeger-05.jpg
    Jaeger-05.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 64
  • Jaeger-06.jpg
    Jaeger-06.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 56

SignManiac

Thanks Jhill, and it's surprisingly light, maybe 100 lbs or so. It was one of the more challenging signs I've made this year in terms of construction. I just keep on learning the longer I stay in the business.

Ken

Yes..a very nice build.
Liking the layered up areas with the scales/stars etc.
My "wet blanket" comment would be the kerning..or the font..for Jaeger/Blankner..seems to run toghether.
Good luck with the weather.
Cheers!
Ken

SignManiac

Ken I tend to tighten up most all of my kerning, especially on a thin stroke letter like this one. It's a tough call, open it up to much and it weakens the letters and word form. I'll see how it looks once its outside and read from about thirty feet, which is about the closest you would see it from the road. Thanks on the layering effects!

Ken

Yes..truly..the normal viewing distance is what matters.
Let's see a photo after the install.
Cheers!
Ken

sar bossier

Truly amazing work ... Wish the rain would move AWAY from "MARS" - we need a LOT of it ... NOW! Quit bogeying it, maniac! :)

SignManiac

Truly amazing work ... Wish the rain would move AWAY from "MARS" - we need a LOT of it ... NOW! Quit bogeying it, maniac! :)

I'm waiting for the flood to subside. About 6" of rain in thirty minutes. My dock outside the door is covered. Not even trying to get in my truck till it stops raining!

Attachments

• dock overflowing.jpg
    dock overflowing.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 81

John L

Very very nice Bob. ...client has to be happy with that. All good.

Glad to hear its raining, tired of seeing the lake get lower and lower every time I come down.

SignManiac

John, definitely let me know the next time you're down, I'll jump on the bike and come over to your place for a visit!

SignManiac

Finished the install today and lucked out. No rain during the day! Client was pleased with the end result. Another one out the door and many more to start on Monday...

Attachments

• Jaeger finished.jpg
    Jaeger finished.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 74