• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trade Printing E-mail Orders

peavey123

Hi All, Just curious how you all accept trade printing orders from your clients via e-mail?

It seems some of our trade clients are not detail orientated. It's usually an e-mail with a file they need printed and it says. "One of these please." and then I have to chase them around to figure out all the details of the job. I feel like a broken record sometimes.

Is there anyway to have a checklist for them or something in an e-mail? or do I just tell them their price goes up a dollar a Sq/ft. per additional e-mail? lol

CanuckSigns

Hi All, Just curious how you all accept trade printing orders from your clients via e-mail?

It seems some of our trade clients are not detail orientated. It's usually an e-mail with a file they need printed and it says. "One of these please." and then I have to chase them around to figure out all the details of the job. I feel like a broken record sometimes.

Is there anyway to have a checklist for them or something in an e-mail? or do I just tell them their price goes up a dollar a Sq/ft. per additional e-mail? lol

LOL, one of the many reasons why i think sign shops are the worst clients! what about the ones who call to tell you about the order, but don't put the info in the email with the artwork like you are supposed to remember the conversation exactly from 3 weeks ago.

we have 2 or 3 shops we do "trade printing" for, the rest all pay full retail. Most don't seem to understand the reason I offer a small discount is because i'm expecting you to give me a file that is 100% print ready.:banghead::banghead:

peavey123

I know eh?! Really, It's got to be our fault for not having proper communication in the first place...but still...if you're in the print business you should know how to order a damn print.

Actually, the worst is lately I've got a few orders where they say. "please print...only if the resolution is okay" ...ummm...you're pulling my leg right?...no...they really aren't. haha

Hey Scott, off topic but I heard through the grape vine that you're town is losing it's most reputable sign shop soon! You know who I'm talkin' bout. :thumb:

royster13

I submit all my orders by email so IMO email is not the problem.....It is lack of detail....Many suppliers have detailed instructions on how to submit a PO....So make up a checklist...