• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Trailers Made Of Metal Panels

I'm wrapping a food truck that is made of 4 metal panels that overlap. There are no bolts or rivets on the outside. Would you bridge over where the metal overlaps, or should I slice down that line? Also, the first and the last panels are 25" while the center two are 48". Would you leave any over lap in the vinyl, or just make my vinyl prints the size of the metal panels? Never done this style of trailer before. Thanks!

Attachments

• Ice Cream Truck.jpg
    Ice Cream Truck.jpg
    937.9 KB · Views: 56

signheremd

You must run a knife down where the aluminum panels overlap and not bridge as it will spilt and raise. We size our print panels about an inch larger (or an inch on both sides if we have it) so the finished product has no seams. Since we set the panels up in Flexi, we can put two smaller panels side by side to print and it doesn't use more material. So if you can print just over 50" it won't take more material and will be a better job.

signheremd

One last thought, if you decide to keep seams, make sure you lay the vinyl starting in the back and then the front so your seam edges are to the rear - wind and rain won't affect them when driving down the road.